Easy homemade Pesto on a vegan gluten free Pizza
Since my trip to Italy where I collected herbs, I wanted to create an original organic healthy gluten free and vegan pizza using plant based ingredients such as oregano to just name a few.
I recently purchased a pre-made plant based gluten free vegan pizza crust from an organic health store while in Miami (but crust recipe can be found below) and added my homemade vegan pesto recipe along with my vegetable toppings.
It came out amazing and everyone not vegan in my family enjoyed it more than a traditional pizza! Who thought a pizza without cheese could taste so good?
1/2 cup organic black olives
1/2 cup organic green olives
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
1 cup organic locally grown basil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Italian seasoning (I used dried garlic, parsley, chilli peppers and tomatoes seasoning)
Place all ingredients in a blender and add more olive oil for consistency.
Place pesto on pizza crust and add organic raw vegetables if possible:
-Red, Orange and Yellow peppers
-Green & black olives
Add pizza to oven at 400ºF or 200ºC for 8-10 min!
Since I already had my pizza dough ready to go it saved me some time, but here is an amazing plant based gf pizza crust recipe that I recommend.
Vegan gluten free pizza crust recipe:
This vegan, gluten-free pizza crust is so easy to make and also yeast and fat-free. Besides, it requires just 3 ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 minutes Yield: 2-4
- 2 cups light buckwheat flour (280 g)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) + 2 tbsp filtered or spring water at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a spoon and then use your hands until well combined. You may need to add more or less water, so add it gently until you get the perfect dough, neither too sticky (add more flour), nor too dry (add more water).
- Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface, then transfer it to a pizza pan or a baking sheet (line it with some parchment paper) and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add your favorite ingredients and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.